Skin and Soft Tissue Removal in Bluffton
Okatie Surgical Partners can provide surgical services for skin and soft tissue removal in Bluffton, South Carolina. Skin and soft tissue surgery can be used to treat:
• Lipomas: These are common benign tumors made up of body fat. They are soft to the touch and usually painless, and can typically be removed with a direct excision in an outpatient setting.
• Scars: Scar revision surgery can be used to minimize the appearance of scars so that they blend in better with the rest of the skin.
• Skin cancer: The extent of a skin cancer surgery will vary based on the type of cancer, its location, and its severity. Surgical options for skin cancer may include cryosurgery, curettage and electrodesiccation, excision, or Mohs microscopically controlled surgery.
• Skin lesions: Skin lesions can be removed using various different techniques, and may be removed for cosmetic purposes, or because the lesion is cancerous or to test it for cancer.
• Soft tissue masses: Soft tissue masses are soft, noncancerous masses that can grow almost anywhere on the body. Your surgeon may decide to reduce or completely remove the mass, based on their examination.
If your doctor has recommended the removal of skin or soft tissue, or if you would like to have an area of concern removed, our skilled surgeons can provide you with the surgical services you need. Call us at (843) 558-8428 to schedule a consultation to discuss your skin or soft tissue surgical procedure.